Three Girls Media CEO Erika Taylor Montgomery Explains, How to Create Marketing Graphics for Your Business
Research shows the power of visuals in a business’ marketing campaign. According to Hubspot:
· Content marketing gets three times more leads than paid search advertising
· 45% of B2C marketers believe visual content is their most important type of content.
· After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online.
So, how can you create graphics and videos for your business’ marketing strategy? What should you keep in mind as you design the visuals? Keep reading for my top tips.
5 Best Practices for VisualsWhether you’re creating videos, graphics or editing images to use in your marketing campaign, there are a handful of basic principles and best practices to keep in mind:
· Think about your main message. What are you trying to convey with the image or video?
· Consider your brand’s font(s) and colors. How can you incorporate them in a visually appealing way?
· Brand your marketing visuals with your company’s logo and/or website address when appropriate.
· Keep it simple. You don’t want your visuals to be too convoluted or busy – it’s visually distracting.
· Think about the target you’re trying to reach. What about the image or video will appeal to them? Does it share helpful information? Is it visually inspiring?
3 Cost-Effective Graphic Design ToolsAre you ready to create images and videos for your business’ marketing campaign? Here are three helpful tools to consider using:
Visme: While there are limits on the basic (free) plan, this is a fantastic tool for creating infographics, charts, inspiring images and more. In fact, I created an infographic about top writing tips you need to know; it was really easy and intuitive!
8 Top Writing Tips You Need To Know For Successful Content Marketing
Canva: It’s no secret I love this tool. Three Girls’ team uses it to make everything from helpful custom images for our Instagram account to branded labels we print out and send to clients.
Adobe Spark: This is a fantastic tool for simple custom videos. We’ve used it on everything from the videos on our YouTube channel to slideshows for clients’ social media ad campaigns.
When it comes to creating custom visuals for your company’s marketing campaign, the options are endless! I recommend you check out the tools above and get creative – your imagination is really the only limit on what you can create for your brand!
Need more marketing advice for your business? Contact us for a complimentary consultation, and check out these posts for more helpful insight!
Top Marketing Tips From Craft Beer Companies
Video: How to Monitor Social Media Engagement Through Metrics
How to Make Time to Create Marketing Content